Friday, January 28, 2011

New Look spring patterns!

This week has been a good one for me so far!  I still haven't finished my first project for the year yet, but I'm still working on it!!

I noticed that the New Look spring patterns are out!  YAY!  Considering that I am working on a New Look pattern right now, I was curious to see if there were any other patterns that sparked my interest.  I love how affordable New Look patterns are.  I am a big coupon lady, but even if I don't have a coupon, I don't get too upset by the amount one of these patterns costs.

As a side note, is there anyone that has a hard time shopping without coupons?  I don't mean on sewing stuff, but things in general like grocery items, or even clothing.  I definitely have a hard time shopping if I don't have my coupons in tow.  It pains me to know I could be saving more money.  In fact, I will usually forgo buying anything at all.  Call me crazy, or thrifty, I like to get the best bang for my buck.

Okay, back to the topic at hand.  Here are some of the patterns I noticed that I thought were lovely:


 Sometimes simple is beautiful.  I love this dress because it is simple.  The sleeves and neckline are great, and this is something you could probably dress up or down according to the occasion.  The bag is a little much for me, but I like the dress.

Here is a great jacket.  Looking in my closet I have noticed that I don't have many jackets at all.  I might have one or two that I really love, but why not add one to the mix?  I like all the views on this one except E.

I like this whole outfit!  The tunic top is usually always my favorite, but I also like the interesting V-neckline with the accent on top.  The bit of elastic in the middle just above the waist is also a nice touch.  But most of all, I like the slim-fitting pants with the zipper on the bottom!  


Here is another easy breezy look for spring/summer.  I like the slight gathering on the bottom of the pants.  View A and C are my favorites for the top, though I would probably leave off the pockets.


I fell in love with this style of dress last year on my birthday!  Of course I bought mine instead of sewing it, but I loved it nonetheless!  

So, those are my favs for me, but there are also some adorable patterns for the little ones that I must show you:

]
This is such an adorable baby dress!  Even though the sizing isn't for my sweetie, I'm sure it could be tweaked to fit.  Too cute!

I think this dress is cute too, but after looking at the line drawings, I think the reason it works is because the details get lost with the print.  I'm not so sure what the dress would look like in a solid color.  But I do like the bag!  My little one is all about bags right now, and she loves loading them up with whatever she can find!



Now this pattern had me at "hello!"  I love the handkerchief style headband and dress with applique.  Even the neckline is interesting!  Besides that, it is toddler-sized!  I will have to check this one out when I head back to Joanns.

Okay, last but not least (and I'm sorry I am not listing any patterns for little boys),

For this dress, I really like the panels on the bottom half of the dress.  It reminds me of a certain skirt I made last year that looked like petals!  

Overall, I think there are a lot of nice patterns from New Look's spring collection.  There are still more to see if you are interested, just click here.

Stay sew-filled!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up!
    I'm kind of excited about the pants with the gathers!!! I might need to make them very soon!

    Thank you for all the nice comments you write on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I'm also loving the pants with the zipper on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be cool to see what you sew and what you think of the patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!