It's a great time of year to talk about the Sunshine Blogger Award!!
I was nominated for this lovely award by Olivia, of The Sewing CPA. I discovered her blog about two months ago, and I love visiting it. She emphasizes developing her sewing skills, and you can see how much she is progressing garment to garment. Thank you Olivia for this nomination!
Here are the Sunshine Blogger Award rules:
1. Link to whoever nominated you
2. Write 10 pieces of information about yourself.
3. Nominate 10 fellow bloggers who positively, creatively inspire others in the blogosphere
4. Inform the nominees on their blogs.
So, I was a little stumped about what to share about myself. Sewing stuff? Family? Life goals/ambitions? I do much better with answering questions. Well, here goes:
1. I was a tomboy growing up, and didn't learn to act like a girl until my freshman year of college. Sometimes I still have to push myself in this area, but it helps to have a "girly-girl" for a daughter. Let's put it this way--she helps dress me.
2. I was born in Germany, and lived there off/on for most of my life.
3. I was an army brat. My dad served in the army for 26 years before he retired.
4. I am a Christ follower. It is in Him that I live, move, and have my being.
5. I love to sing. I can't go a day without humming a tune, or belting one out loud in my car (yes, I'm that person)!
6. I love to bake! My favorite thing to make is chocolate chip cookies, but I love baking anything--cookies, cakes, pies, breads, etc.
7. I started out wanting a BIG family! My husband and I wanted five kids. Yes, five!! Now that we have two, the door to five is quickly closing. However, there is a good chance we may go for number three, if the time is right.
8. I am not a big TV watcher, but I love 24, Castle, Motive and Project Runway.
9. Are you ready for some FOOTBALL??? I love to watch football, and I am a hardcore Atlanta Falcons fan, even though we had a down season last year. In our house, I am the football fan, and my dedication to the sport is what caused my husband to join in.
10. Last but not least, I have almost given up on the RTW fast three times! One night I laid in bed with the script in my head that I was going to write on my blog the next day telling you all I just couldn't do it. Thank God I woke up with a different attitude! And...that same day I read a very encouraging post from another blogger that made me know that it was too soon to give in the towel.
So, I press on...
Instead of nominating ten fellow bloggers, I will ask you: Are there any new sewing bloggers that you think other readers should know about? Please tell us about them!!