Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Simplicity Patterns on Sale!

Last night I was getting ready for bed and catching up on my blog reading at the same time.  Actually, because of my smartphone, I am able to stay up-to-date when anyone posts a new blog entry and that is a feature I regularly indulge in throughout the day.  So, I was reading Green Apples last night, and the author of the blog, Stitchy Witch (that is what she calls herself), said that she was going to Hobby Lobby to pick up some Simplicity patterns because they were on sale for 99 cents.  WHAT!?!?!?  I had to stop right in my tracks, look up Hobby Lobby's website, and sure enough, yes, Simplicity patterns are on sale.  Have a look for yourself:


Normally I am not this excited about buying patterns, but I am more excited about picking up some of the new Spring line styles than anything else.  I try not to buy more than I can actually sew, as I am already starting to accumulate a lot of pattern envelopes that have yet to be opened.  Anyhow, I plan on stopping by Hobby Lobby this evening and checking this sale out!  I wanted to pass along this info just in case you have a Hobby Lobby near you.  If you need to see if one is in your area, click here.  The sale lasts until Jan. 8th.  Have fun shopping!!

I did make some progress last night on getting my skirt pattern pieces cut out.  There are only two pattern pieces to work with, and an elastic guide, so that is good news.  Today I plan on working on the alterations I need to make to the pattern pieces before I cut my fabric.  Since I am not used to fitting my hips, I am a little nervous.  I think I may wait and make a muslin just to be sure things are fitting properly.  So that is what I am working on right now.  It's going slowly, but it is going...

Stay sew-filled!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. I went to my local Hobby Lobby and grabbed a few patterns. I also signed up for their mailing list.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome, Angela! I hope you got some good ones!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!