Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finished at last!

Phew! I am done with this week's project!

I got over my cold/flu on Wednesday, so I sat down last night, and in two hours of uninterrupted time, I finished my newest project, my wristlet!  I must say, it turned out beautiful!  I am so pleased with the work I put into it!

First, I'll show you some photos, then I'll give my review of the project...

This photo is the finished project



Here is a peek-a-boo at the inside lining




This photo is not meant to confuse anyone.  I just pulled out the inside lining from the pouch.  If you sew this and use a different material for the lining, then you will see the contrast.  In my picture, however, the material is
the same.



This is the back of the wristlet

So, what do you think?

I would recommend this project for sewers of all levels, though beginners may have some trouble visualizing how everything comes together with the way the directions for this project are laid out.  I do not think that the directions are bad, in fact they are well-written, it is just one of those projects that makes more sense once you finish it.  Now that I finished the project, (Sew What! Bags Wristlet) if I were to sew another wristlet tomorrow, I would have no problem knowing how to lay all of my fabric pieces.

The only new technique I learned with this project was sewing on a zipper.  So, I discovered the zipper foot on my sewing machine!  It did take a little getting used to, but I think that was because you are sewing so many layers at one time, and my sewing machine kept chewing my fabric.  Talk about frustrating!   For most other zipper insertions, I think I will not have as many issues, as I will have a larger area of fabric to work with.

Overall, I found that this project challenged me, but was not TOO challenging.  I would sew it again if there was a need to do so.

Thanks for your patience with this project!  I will announce the next project this weekend, and I am also hoping to show you a couple of things I have in the works for my children.  These little projects are fun, but I want to get to things for the kiddies!

Stay sew-filled!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!