Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cover it up!


If you are anything like me, then your sewing machine does not have a cover hanging over it while it is not in use.  Don't get me wrong, I hang an old shirt or towel over my machine to prevent dust from collecting, but that's nothing compared to putting an attractive sewing machine cover on top of it. 

That leads me to this week's project:  a sewing machine cover!


.
This sewing machine cover comes from the One-Yard Wonders book, page 83.  I have heard so many good things about this book and I am excited to finally be sewing from it!

Also, I can finally have something pretty to put over my sewing machine...


Here is a picture of my sewing machine, which I love!  I tentatively bought this machine online from Overstock.  I only say tentatively because I really would much rather "test out" my sewing machine myself before making the commitment to buy, but I figured I could not go wrong with this machine, as the reviews for it were all so good!

I was right!

I am still learning to use this machine, but by far, this is the best sewing machine I have ever owned (I owned a basic Kenmore, and a Babylock Companion that I sold to upgrade to this one).  This model is a Janome 11510, or more appropriately, a refurbished Kenmore 19110.  The body style is a dead ringer for the Janome Heart Truth machine, and the features are comparable, except the one on Overstock sells for less.

I have not had any problems with this machine.  The stitches are beautiful, and it sews nicely and most importantly (with sleeping kids a lot of times) quietly!


So if you are looking for a new sewing machine, consider this one!  And if you are looking to sew a sewing machine cover, consider the one I will be sewing this week!

Until later, stay sew-filled!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!