Friday, April 23, 2010

Back in action!

I am back on the scene, and this time I have a finished oven mitt!

I have spent the last couple of days doing things for this project here and there, and I finally stuck it out and finished it!  I don't know how, but to my surprise, it came out looking like an oven mitt!

After looking at my finished project, my husband remarked "Wow!  That's really good!  It looks like an oven mitt you would buy!  My baby is becoming a regular seamstress!"

I must say it felt awesome to hear him say that, yet another part of me wanted to say "hey, wait a minute, you didn't think I could do this well in the first place?"  But no, all kidding aside, it was a nice compliment to receive.

Here are the pics...





These next photos I just had a little fun...




This is the mitt in our kitchen, hanging from the cabinet.




This picture makes me think of comfort food, like mac n'cheese, or mashed potatoes, or a yummy casserole.  If I had a great recipe to give you, I would post it here, but I don't, SORRY.  Either way, I look forward to using my oven mitt to take out lots of my hot dishes.

As far as sewing this went, this was one of those projects that, now that I look back on it, was not hard, only time-consuming because I am still learning.  There was nothing particularly difficult about this project.  I even got the hang of sewing on the binding, though I would like to work on making the start and finish of the binding come together more seamlessly.

For a more in-depth review, see the right.

I haven't decided what the next project will be yet.  I was thinking about an apron.  Hmmm...

Stay sew-filled until we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are right, that looks like a professional job on this oven mitt. I have a pattern, M5903, McCall's Home Decorating with an apron, and a bunch of different mitts and potholders. I'll have give it a try now. I bought it for the two-handed mitt.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!