Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Upcoming knitting project

Hello everyone!

I had a nice weekend cleaning out my sewing closet. Since I am a person who likes to clean up in spurts, with lots of breaks in between, I approached this task in the same way.  My son helped with some of the work too, and he told me he wants to help again next time.  To be honest, I did not know that the room was in such disarray.  I figured a little organization and decoration would spruce things up a bit, but now that I am "all in," trying to update this room, I realize that I am in for a lot of work.  But...the end result will be so worth it!!!

I also got a chance to do some shopping for yarn at Joann's Fabrics and Craft store.  I was waiting until I finished my scarf in order to begin a new knitting project, and since I am done, I can get going on what I really want to do--a baby blanket for my sister's baby due in April.  It will be a girl, and her colors are brown and pink.

Here is a picture of the lovely pattern I found online for an easy baby blanket:


Weeks before I found this online, I had been searching and searching for the perfect baby blanket, to no avail.  As soon as I saw this one, I knew it was perfect.  

Anyhow, while I was at Joann's, I could not find the right color brown.  Really there were only two choices, a light tan color, and a dark brown one.  Neither or them looked right with my pretty pinks, so I decided to forgo the brown.  My sister will have to find another way to work brown into the room decor, which I figure won't be too hard, right?  I hope she's happy with what I decided:


Here is some information about the yarn:
It is from Caron, called Simply Soft.  The top color is Strawberry, middle is Off White, and bottom is Soft Pink.  The Off White really almost looks like a buttercream, or pale yellow, I love it sooo much!  They are all synthetic, 100% Acrylic, but easy to wash and will hold up with wear and tear.

I already knitted a test swatch to gauge my stitches, and will be starting the first set of panels soon.  I'm not sure of my finish date.  I would like to have this done before the baby gets here in April, so maybe by the first week of March.  I have to sit down and set a plan as to how many rows I would need to knit each day in order to be finished by then (does anyone else do this).

I'll keep you updated on my progress with this.

Stay sew-filled!


1 comment:

  1. Love those colors!! My favorite baby blanket that we have is knit...I've actually contemplated learning how to knit on countless occasions...as if I need yet ANOTHER hobby. LOL. Can't wait to see your blanket in progress!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!