Friday, January 11, 2013

Burda style Spring/Summer 2013 faves

Hello everyone!

I am excited to be exploring some of my favorite patterns from the Burda style Spring/Summer collection.  As some of you may know, I enjoy taking trips to Joann's, often with a cappucino in hand, perusing the various pattern catalogs.  It is heavenly...I look at patterns, and dream about what to create next.  I study the line drawings, and try to decide which details I like, and which ones I will omit.

So, come along and dream with me as I take a look at the newest patterns Burda is offering:


This first pattern reminds me of a wrap dress. I love the wraparound top, and how it creates the cinching of the waist. View A is my favorite, but I do appreciate the flowiness of the one in View B.

I think the dress pictured above is so cute!  The Peter Pan collar, with a more vintage feel is perfect for summer!

Moving on to another dress, this one is neat because of the twist on the bodice.  I have seen tops with a twist, and I think this translates nicely to a fun summer dress.

This is another top I love!!  I mean, I just love it!  I love the billowy shape with the V-neck slit, and the length that hits just at the hips.  It seems like it would be a nice staple. The dress is nice also.

Burda 7066 is yet another staple.  Do you like staples?  I do!  I don't always have to buy patterns with a million different features.  Sometimes it's nice to find a tried and true gem that can translate into wearable pieces in my wardrobe instead.

Here is another style I like, but my only concern is the wrap around the neck. I'm not sure if that would be a flattering look for me.  

Switching gears a bit, I also saw a few neat patterns for menswear.  If my husband would let me (he's a real stickler when it comes to his business attire), I would love to try out one of these patterns:



And, just for fun, here is a cute jumpsuit for babies:


Well, I hope you enjoyed checking out these patterns with me today!  I have a few Burda patterns in my stash that I plan to attempt sometime this year.  For now, if you are interested in any of the rest of the Burda style Spring/Summer collection, you can click here.

Stay sew-filled!











2 comments:

  1. They all look like tempting patterns especially the first dress pattern with the interesting waist band twist part. I haven't actually every sewn a Burda style pattern though I do own a couple. I'm hoping to actually try one this month and if it works out, I know these new ones will be on my to-buy list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really nice dresses etc.. I do like the man's pattern too.. no man to sew for unfortunately! I think the neckline on the cross over front dress is great. I've made a dress recently with a 1981 pattern that does this and it crosses over at the back and I LOVE it. I will make some more as I have very small shoulders and large bust and tiny back with pear bottom and I need to adjust it more but it is so easy to wear and I love how it accentuates my shoulders and sort of balances me out. I have had many positive comments about it. I also have another pattern that is the halter version so will try that too (a top tho) Have a look on my blog www.sewdarntired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!