Friday, January 25, 2013

SCM Item # 1

Hi everyone!

Hurray for Fridays!

This week was a great one for me!  I feel like I accomplished a lot of things, and I experienced a lot of little things that brought a smile to my face.  I hope your week went well too.

Anyhow, it is time to show you my SCM (Sewing Closet Makeover) Item #1:


I created this fabric bulletin board from some leftover 100% cotton home decor fabric.  I bought some coordinating brown ribbon to "frame" the project, and used a stapler and hot glue gun to put it all together.  The rectangular shape is an old cardboard box with two sheets of batting stapled to it (you could also use a foam pad). So, in essence, a cardboard box side, batting stapled over it, decorative fabric pulled tightly and stapled or glued to the back, and ribbon hot glued to the edges.

I will be using this board to post things for projects I am currently working on, with possible inspirational photos and/or informational items hanging there as well.  I didn't want anything huge, so it measures about 20 inches long by 13 inches wide.  I know that this piece will fit perfectly with the mood I am trying to create in my sewing room.

By the way, I am NOT currently working on Simplicity 2147!  I just have it shown as a model so you all can get an idea of what I was trying to create.  This weekend I plan to de-clutter my closet so I can figure out how to organize and label everything I have haphazardly thrown in there.  It is truly one big mess!

Just a quick cute story to add: When I finished my bulletin board, my daughter asked me what it was.  I explained that it was a board used for hanging pieces of paper on it, and how I was going to put it in my sewing closet.  My little one (3 1/2) then said "Oh mommy! Let me get a piece of paper then, and make some sweetness to hang on your board!"

Here is my daughter's "sweetness":


Isn't that just precious?

Stay sew-filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!