Friday, October 27, 2017

Back from the wedding

Let me start by telling all of you THANK YOU for your encouraging comments regarding the dress for my brother's wedding.  I wish I was here to show you how beautiful it turned out, but sadly, I am not.  However, I am here to say that you all are amazing!!!  It is nice when people believe in you, and know that you can accomplish something.  I truly felt that love from your well wishes, and it meant a lot to me.

So, let me start from where I left off in my last post.  I had finished the bodice, and only needed to insert the zipper, construct the skirt, pockets, and tucks, and attach it all.  First, I ended up getting sick. It was definitely some type of respiratory illness, and I was just plain tired.  I pushed through as much as possible, but wasn't as productive as I could have been.

Later, I ended up having more issues with the fit of the garment.  I kept trying it on, taking it in here or there, then retrying it on.  By Thursday night I realized that I needed a lot more tweaks to get the dress to a place I was happy with.  So, I reluctantly decided to go with my back-up plan, and finish my dress once I got back from the wedding.  That was such a HARD decision to make!

Here is a pic of the dress so far:


I am going to continue adjusting this dress, and am now faced with the dilemma of where to wear it, lol!  But, like anything in life, if you sew it, the event will come!  I am not sure where that will be, but it will be neat when the opportunity presents itself.  I only hope I can get to it because my UFOs have been piling up...

Now that you have seen what I didn't wear, here is what I DID wear to the wedding:



It is a polka dotted dress with waist definition, and a vintage feel.  Though it was not my first choice, it ended up perfect for the occasion.  And we had such a great time together at the wedding!!  I mean, my baby brother is now married!! Everything was beautiful, and the food was amazing!

I wanted to show you pics of the bride and groom, but I am currently waiting until they post pics to their own social media account.  It was their wish, and I have no problem honoring that.  I will show you my two boys together.  Here they are, my youngest and oldest:


They are the best of friends, and someone should definitely tell my youngest son that he is not grown yet, because he thinks he is, lol!  They wrestle, play ball, and be boys together, and when my little prince has had enough, he runs to his sister.


Lastly, here is a pic of me and my father.  I am a daddy's girl at heart!  I always have been, and always will be.  My dad looked so great, you all.  He is retired military and a former drill sergeant (can you tell).  His wisdom has guided my life, and continues to do so currently.

If you all are interested, I will post additional photos of the bride and groom when I can.

For now I am working on a few things that I want to finish before the end of the month.  I am also thinking of creating a tab on the blog that will allow you to see "in-progress" pics of my Kelly Anorak jacket.  It would be a good way for me to catalog it, and reference for my review when I am finished.

I am also nearly done with the Piedra pattern from Seamworks patterns.  I hope to be able to show you this one soon!

Stay sew-filled!




8 comments:

  1. First, I can tell! His posture is way better than mine! LOL!

    Your family is so beautiful!! Congrats to your brother; so glad the wedding was as wonderful as could be.

    The dress you wore is very pretty!!!! I'm glad you were able to finish it once you got back and got over your illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely family! Cherish these years...they go by so quickly! You looked great , and I can't wait to see your original dress all finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a beautiful family Vanessa. I love your dress and it's sweetheart neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable pic of your family. You looked great in the polka dot dress. I'm glad you got better in time for the wedding, and yes, we definitely want to see the bride and groom ☺.

    I really like the print on the blue dress. It will make a great outfit once it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your brother and his new bride! Oh, the dress you selected to wear was perfect! (and what an adorable family!). You are so correct too, the event will definitely appear once you complete the other dress (it too is very lovely!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your brother! Thank you for sharing these warm photos of your beautiful family. The dress you did wear is fabulous and you look gorgeous in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how gorgeous. You and your family are just so photogenic. Your dress looks fantastic... you can never go wrong with polka dots. You may have been able to push yourself but you could have really stuffed you your dress, so sometime "you have to know when to fold 'em"

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!