I'll start with what I like:
- the Raglan sleeves were easy to sew, and I love the way they look
- I think the side ruching will look great once I add it later
- it seems like a nice overall basic tee
- it's too tight for my liking (I need about another 1/2 inch total of wiggle room)
- I have some neckline gaping (what the what?)
I will be working on some changes to this top and trying it again. It really is such as easy sew for me to work on getting the fit right. What I am running into over and over again is.....fitting my shoulders!! I suspect that my shoulders slope some, but they are also a little broad. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is causing the neckline to gape. What happens is, my top starts to ride up on my shoulders, and it drives me nuts. I got some good information about this when I went to the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo this past Friday (more on that soon), so I am going to try a few methods and see if I can fix this issue. I know I didn't stretch out the neckline, either, so I am thinking the gaping is coming from this shoulder tension. I dare not cut into my beautiful orchid-y purple fabric without coming up with a solution! So right now I am keeping this top as a work in progress.
I'll post again soon with my recap of the Original Sewing and Quiliting Expo in Atlanta (not to be confused with the ASE as I did). It was really nice, and I have a lot I want to share with all of you!