Thursday, February 17, 2011

Simplicity Sew Along

 

No, I am not joining another sew along (I have a lot on my plate already), but I thought you might be interested in knowing that Simplicity is hosting a pants sew along for beginners.  They will have different tips and advice for fitting pants, and discussion for simple finishes for sewing pants.  Aaaahhhh, you gotta love Facebook!  From what I hear, pants are easy to sew, difficult to fit.  I am thinking about joining just to collect the helpful tips. At any rate, you can check it out here if you are interested.  Once you follow the link, just make sure you click on "Ask to Join" on the upper right hand corner of the page. (this is not a referral link or anything, I am just passing along something I thought was useful).  The Sew along starts this week.

On another note, Joanns is having another sale, this time a President's Day sale.  Simplicity patterns are 5 for $5, so I am taking the opportunity to purchase a few patterns for the Tim Gunn Sew (see right) along I joined.  The sale starts Friday and continues thru the weekend.  

This has been a beautiful weather week for us so we have been spending a lot of time outdoors.  Oh how I have missed the sun and warm weather.  It reminds me that I really need to get going on my spring/summer sewing before warmer weather arrives and I am unprepared!  My skirt is coming along, but as I mentioned before, it will be short bursts of sewing for me until this one is finished.  Making a muslin wiped me out!  I guess next time I won't have to be as thorough about every little detail.  It helps when you have a good foundation with the sizing so that adjustments are minimal.

By the way, thank you Jenna for the link to the tutorial about skirt vents!  I think I will be able to "work it out" now that I have a great resource!  And thank you to all of you that have left kind comments about the progress with my muslin, and commented about your sewing styles!  I enjoyed reading the different outlooks on this wonderful craft.  

Stay sew-filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!