Friday, February 4, 2011

On to the next skirt

I am gearing up for sewing my next skirt.  In fact, I took out the pattern with all intentions of cutting out my size when I discovered a little snag in my plan: my size was not included in the pattern envelope!  The pattern envelope I bought only went up to size 12, and I never noticed that when I bought it.  Sigh. So now I have to adjust the pattern so its around a 14-16.

That brings me to my next order of business.  I have to make a muslin.  Especially with all the changes I will be making I HAVE to make a muslin to make sure everything will fit well.  So, this is the skirt I decided to sew next:

I will be making a muslin of View C. It is the view with the pleats on the yoke.  Yes, pleats.  I am nervous about how they will look because pleats and I have not gotten along in the past.  BUT--I am taking a chance.  And I guess it's not too much of a chance since I am doing a muslin first.  However, it doesn't help that all the reviews I have seen on Patternreview for this particular style are nice, but not many people have made View C.  So it is a mystery to me how this skirt will turn out.

BTW, I decided to join a sew-along this year!  I have always wanted to do one as a personal goal, and after reading about the Tim Gunn Sew-Along (click photo on right for link, if interested) I knew I had to give this one a shot.  Of course I have to finish sewing my last two skirts before I fully participate (since I don't want to abandon my plan), but it will be well worth it in the end when I have a fabulously workable wardrobe!  A lot of people are saying that this sew along will take them all year, but I want to finish mine sooner than that (except for the bigger projects).  I will update about this sew along accordingly, and explain all the details much later.

I hope everyone is having a great week!  

Stay sew-filled!

5 comments:

  1. I can't to see your muslin....I took this pattern out today, because I love View C as well! Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The success of pleats (for me at least) depends on the selection of the right fabric. I have struggled with pleats and then tried again with different fabic and TADA! Pleats! The skirt version the model is wearing is really cute too--make that one next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern. I found the yoke to be true to size, but haven't made view C yet. I am anxious to see how yours turns out. I'd like to make that view this year too. I'll check out the sew along. I'm curious about it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice looking pattern - I think I might have to get this one. Looking forward to seeing what you make from it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pattern is really pretty. I love to make skirts.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!