Thursday, April 26, 2018

Me Made May 2018--I'm in!

Hello everyone!

It is almost May, and you know what that means...


Me Made May will be in full effect!

And, for the FIRST year, I AM IN!!!!!  I am elated to be participating in this year's challenge.  Me Made May is created by Zoe at Sew Zo: What do you know? It is currently in its ninth year, and it was designed to encourage people who sew/knit/crochet/refashion/upcycle garments to wear their created pieces and love them! That's right! Rock your Me Mades!

There are tons of ways to participate, but for all the official rules of engagement you can go HERE.

I already signed up, and here is my entry statement:

"I, Vanessa @sewfilled, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '18. I endeavour to wear at least one Me Made Item a day!It's my FIRST year participating and I am elated to see just how far I can push my wardrobe with what I created last year, and have made already this year. May 2018'"

I have started pulling out items I have sewn, and creating a space in my wardrobe for all of the things I made.  I am surprised to find that I actually have a lot more than what I originally thought.  So here are my thoughts on how I will accomplish this goal...

  • Wear what I already made
  • Create combinations that include at least ONE Me Made item
  • Sew TNTs to fill in any gaps
In years past, I would gaze longingly at the people who participated.  I wanted to get in on the action, but I never had enough of a wardrobe to carry me through the month.  Even though you can be a part with one created item (no stress or pressure), I wanted to give myself the best chance to stretch myself, and truly embrace all the pieces of clothing I have spent my time and effort on.  So, I am grateful 2018 is the year I am ready to dive in.

As I make my way through the month, I will try to anticipate any gaps, and sew for those with TNTs (remember, no stress or pressure).  Some of my favorites are as follows:


I mean, come on! This pattern has carried me through!  I love View A with the flounce, and View B with the cold shoulder look.  It only took me one night to finish, which is perfect.

Here is another quick sew for a basic top! I would love to make View B with the short sleeves. It is wonderful because no hemming is needed.


The Aurora tank by Seamwork was a definite favorite from last year.  It is easy to mix leftover pieces for a put together look, and it comes together in an hour or so!


And if none of those TNTs cut it, I'll just line up four or five Laura tops by Rosy Pena, lol!  This top is fast, and well worth it for comfort and style.  

I can think of a couple of honorable mentions, like the New Look 6378 Kimono and the Moneta Dress by Colette.  In short, I believe my month of Me Mades is going to be a thrilling ride!

I would love to know if anyone else is joining, and what plans you have to make your month a success!  I WILL be taking daily photos, but probably posting everything once a week on the blog and IG (#MMMay18 for social media).  I look forward to learning, growing, and sharing in this experience with all of you!

Stay sew filled!












5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on participating! It’s definitely going to be a great experience. I think I’ll be ready to participate next year. It helps that you only need one me-made item per day. It’s also a perfect opportunity to identify and fill any wardrobe gaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your MMM line up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first year! How exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your MMM. I have the same tee pattern but I haven't made it yet. I would love to make mine like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I’m looking forward to seeing how you get on and to seeing your new tnt makes.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!