I am glad to be back with a finished item! I have had a rough time the last week and a half. It has been wadder after wadder (more on that later). BUT, I finally came up with a winning top. Per my hubby's request, it is Simplicity 1805 all over again.
This time I chose a casual knit from Hancock Fabrics. It is part cotton, part polyester, and it has a slight sheen that is gorgeous. If you look closely, you can see that it also has a little texture, similar to what is found on a slub knit.
I don't think I will take the time to go over all the details of construction for this top, since it is my second time around. For more info, you can see the first version I made here. I did go the extra mile for this one and added a 1/2" swayback adjustment. Unfortunately, I didn't really notice much of a difference in the fit. I must need more of an adjustment than that.
Suprisingly, I have already worn this top. I wore it yesterday evening to church, and it felt wonderful on. My only slight disappointment was stabilizing the hem with Easy Knit tape. I realize now that no stabilizer with a stretch stitch works much better. I need the stretch factor for my pear shape. I will definitely take the hem out and make this change before I wear it again.
Also, the fabric I used is slightly see-through--enough that I have to wear a tank underneath it. But that doesn't bother me. It is how I wear most of my shirts.
Overall, I am glad I pulled out of my wadder slump with a little "blue magic!" And I am glad that my hubby encouraged me to make this style again. It turns out we got to do a little matching:
And in case you are just getting familiar with me and my blog, here is a picture of my family altogether:
We definitely have a lot of fun together!
Before I go, I want to leave you with a "sneak peek" photo of S1916. I am trying to turn this one from wadder to winner. I will have to see how it goes. Most of the fit is great, except where my shoulders get in the way. I really need more shoulder room, and I am not sure if playing with the sleeve seam allowance will fix anything: