Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ready, set, go!

Hello, hello, hello!!!!!

I am so glad to be back after deciding to take a break from blogging.  Trust me, I did not realize how much I needed a break until I took one.  It was wonderful to simplify my schedule and not stress myself out with a long list of "things to do."

So I'm sure you're wondering what I have in store now that I had all this time to collect myself.
Actually, my next project has to do with the fact that today is the first day of preschool for my two little ones. I cannot explain the amount of jubilee that I felt in dropping them off!! Finally, I am free (cue sinister laugh)!!  OK, I'm not really free, but I do appreciate having my own free time for the first time since having children.

To prepare for their first day of preschool, the hubby and I spent this past Labor Day weekend shopping for school clothing and supplies.  We got a lot of things that the kids could wear as the weather gets cooler, but I have to admit that I am so bad at transitional wear.  I am such a "get it as it comes" person with some things, and a "prepared" person with other things.  So I am so thankful that I sew!  That way I can fill in the gaps of what the kids need as they need them.

And right now my son needs more pairs of pants.  I think I have missed the opportunity to sew him a pair of shorts (or maybe not, it stays hot here late into the year), but he could always use a pair of pants.  So that is what is next on my agenda...

Remember these pants from Burda magazine??


Well these are a great pair of pants to get me sewing again!  I will get a chance to try out a Burda pattern for the first time, and if all things turn out well, I will get to put another smile on my son's face!

After these pants are done, I will have to really hit the ground running with my Tim Gunn Sew Along if I plan to finish all the pieces by the end of this year!  Sigh! One step at a time!

Well, I am so glad to be back!!  I hope all of you are enjoying your September so far.

Stay sew-filled!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! Those are some really cute pants and I do believe there will be a HUGE smile coming when they're completed!

    ...by the way, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a little Mom (me) time once in a while!! We all need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Vanessa! Those pants are so stylish, can't wait to see them once your done!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!