Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pattern Organization

I know that a lot of people have different ways they organize their sewing patterns, and I am not saying that there is one right way to do so.  I would like to share with all of you the way I organize mine.  It seems to be helpful for now.


Whenever I buy a new sewing pattern, I take one of my folders with only pockets inside, and I cut off the front of the pattern, and paste it to the front of my folder.  This way, I can locate the pattern I am looking for when I thumb through my folders.


 On the inside left--I place the guide sheet for the pattern.  The inside right is useful for putting all of my cut up pattern pieces.  I usually cut these out when I buy the pattern, so I don't have to come back and do it later.  If I am unsure about sizing, I just leave it intact until I go to sew it.


Finally, on the back of the folder, I paste the information from the back of the pattern.

I really like this method because everything is in one compact folder, and I can put it all away easily for use the next time.  The only space this takes up depends on where you store the folders.  I have mine stacked for now, until I can put them in a drawer.  I also love the pockets because there is extra room behind the side with the guide sheet, for storing any pattern modifications you made when you sewed the pattern.

I think I got these folders from Walmart, but just recently I couldn't find them, so I had to go to Office Depot.

Feel free to share how you store your patterns with me.  I am still working on an outfit for my daughter.   It's been slow-going, but I hope to have something to share with you all soon!

Stay sew-filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!