Sunday, May 16, 2010

Little skirt

I finished my daughter's first skirt!

OK, it is a simple pattern with simple, clean lines, and no ruffles, frills, ribbons, rick-rack, etc, BUT I like that it is simple.  I will have lots of time to throw on all the cute notions on later projects I sew.  This one is Simplicity 2572 View B.  I kept the fabric consistent, but since this skirt was such a delight to sew, I am going to sew it again, but experiment in changing up the yoke fabric, and adding various ribbon to it.

Here it is:






Let me tell you, it is much harder to get good pictures of a 12 month old than I thought!  She wiggled and squirmed, and I had to pull out all the little tricks I could to get her to stay still!

I will write a more in-depth review and post it to my sewing reviews on the right a little later on.  However, I can honestly say I enjoyed sewing this skirt, and it is a cute and easy piece.

Stay sew-filled! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!