Monday, April 19, 2021

Sewathon Tops Finished

 Hello everyone!

I hope you are well!

I am back today to go over all the tops I made for my Spring Break Sewathon.  After Spring break ended I headed back to work with most of them finished, except for a bit of hemming and putting in buttonholes.  I got everything done this week, as well as worked on my Burda trousers--which are nearly done!!  

Here are the final results of the four tops I made:

This is the Verna Top included in Simply Sewing magazine.  You can find my review here.  I love this top! The ties are beautiful, and I love the way they sway when you walk.  On the back slit, I originally had a hook and eye, but was having trouble with it staying put. I got such great feedback from all of you.  I tried out the different methods recommended to me, and in the end decided to create a fabric loop and sew on a matching button.  It worked out so well! Now the top stays perfectly!  Thank you all!



This top is the Aisling blouse, designed by Jennifer Lauren and one I received in my Simply Sewing magazine subscription.  You can read more information about my process here.  The square neckline is definitely a favorite for me.  I am excited about this trend this year, and plan to create a lot more tops with this feature.  I used a lightweight breathable woven, and even on a warm day I was able to stay cool.  I highly recommend this top, and think it will be equally in demand when the Fall comes too!



This top is Mccalls 8067.  I cannot believe how this came out!  I had high expectations, and I think they were met.  Also, I really think the pockets on the bust was a good choice!  My original plan was to leave them off, and I am glad I gave them a try.  You can read my review here. I ended up finding some glittery pink buttons at Hobby Lobby to finish the top.  I thought about doing neutral navy buttons, but threw caution to the wind and decided to make this top ALL FUN!  I mean, that is why we sew right?  Because we can do the spunky, funky, unique, over-the-top, or understated--whatever suits us!


My last top is the Seychelles by ITS! Let me tell you! I just love this one!  I plan on wearing it to a family getaway for my husband's upcoming 40th birthday.  You can read about my review here.  There will definitely be more Seychelles tops--both short sleeved and long.  I have broad shoulders, and you can see that the pleat detail on the sleeve still looks great.  I was so worried about this, but the soft detail withe the rayon challis fabric is really nice.

Overall, I am thankful for the time I was able to sit and SEW!  For the rest of this month I will be back to squeezing in sewing where I can, and I have at least two more projects I would love to finish this month (not counting my Burda trousers).  And speaking of the Burda trousers, here is a sneak peek of how they are looking right now:


I plan on adding a jean button, attaching button loops, and completing the hem soon.  Right now I am amazed at the design detail for these trousers.  I don't own anything like this and I am so glad I chose to take a chance on it.

I look forward to being back soon with the finished trouser results, and my plan for what is next.  I hope this week is kind to you!

Stay sew filled!












12 comments:

  1. All of your tops are beautiful!

    The details on each really transform them — the tires, the fun pockets and buttons, the sleeve pleats...I love adding those unique details too.

    Those trousers are looking GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Great job sewing so many things. I especially love the Verna top with the square neckline. That is so pretty. You chose some great fabrics. Your pants are coming along nicely, and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad to use all the fabrics I recently purchased. I still have quite a few left, so more sewing can be done, lol! Also, I always love your hair too!

      Delete
  3. I love all your tops, Vanessa. They are so pretty and I'm sure you will wear them a lot, the square neck is my favorite and I'd love to make one for myself too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do plan on wearing them a lot! I would love to see how the square neckline looks on you Hana.

      Delete
  4. Now you have such a great selection of tops in your wardrobe! Love them all, each one has a different detail to appreciate. I made my first Seychelles top last week, love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bet your Seychelles looks amazing!

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love all of your tops! The fabrics are fun and pretty; great job with all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like adding more color into my closet!

      Delete
  6. All such great tops! I've recently made a square neckline top and I really like how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your square neckline top came out to your liking! It seems like the neckline works well for a lot of people.

      Delete

Let me know what you think!