Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Itch to Stitch Gothenburg Top

 Hello everyone!

I am back today with another review for you!

As soon as I finished sewing the ITS Bainbridge top, the opportunity to sew the Gothenburg became available.  I almost passed it up except for two things--it has EIGHT steps, and is a quick sew!  Winning!  You can definitely sew this top in an hour or less, and the end result is extremely gratifying:



I am so excited to celebrate the release of this pattern today!  It is available now with a special discounted price for a limited time only.  Here is the description:

"The Gothenburg Top is the epitome of casual chic.  With simple lines, the wonderfully easy and elegant Gothenburg lets the fabric do all the talking.  The Gothenburg is designed for structured knit fabric, and as a result, the funnel neck stands up to create an interesting feature."

I sewed a size 4 with "A" cup size.  I added very slight blending to 6 because of the length with this style, and how it falls on the hips (high hip on the front and hip level dip at the back).  I also added my typical 1" lengthening, and moved the bust point down 1/2". My choice of fabric is (did you guess it) microfleece!  LOL!  I am still having fun with this fabric, and knew the structure and low stretch amount would be perfect for the funnel neckline.  



This pattern is wonderful for beginners and up. My biggest tip is to choose your fabric wisely to ensure that the neckline feature is not floppy.  Ponte and Scuba are additional great choices.

For construction of the neckline, you sew right sides together, fold the funnel neck down, and then tack the top side edge of it to the seam allowance.  


 I decided to leave the funnel edges unfinished since I only had gray serger thread, and I didn't want to take a chance at it being seen.  My funnel held up beautifully, though there were other testers who chose to invisibly catch-stitch theirs.  I wore my top the entire day I took these photos and everything stayed nicely.


I did not have anything like this top in my wardrobe already, and now I am SO glad I do!  For an easy sew, it makes a big impact.  If you use a stunning fabric or print, you can really allow the fabric to shine!

You can see the wonderful versions that other pattern testers made by clicking here.

Stay sew filled!







8 comments:

  1. I love easy and chic garments. The neckline is different and is so nice. You picked a beautiful color. That purple really looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find I am choosing brighter colors, and subliminally hoping for Spring, lol!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes! I've been sewing with Itch to Stitch patterns and find them very easy. Just this afternoon I was cutting out the Castillo Cardigan. Your top is very pretty and I love the color and the fabric texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like ITS too! I purchased the Castillo cardigan to sew for Spring. I hope yours comes out great!

      Delete
  3. Pretty top and colour, it suits you beautifully xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is simple and chic! Really love the color too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree. It is hard to find something comfy and chic, but this definitely fits that description.

      Delete

Let me know what you think!