You would think that 21 days to sew a shirt dress would be more than sufficient, right?!?!
Well, here I am on day 16 still working out my muslin. Once again, I will be coming in right at the deadline, and I don't know whether I will finish it. But I did make a COLLAR:
Woo hoo! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I must say that watching my Classic Tailored Shirt class with Pam Howard was so amazingly helpful!!!! Pam Howard is such an awesome, patient, gentle teacher. She made me feel a lot more confident about sewing a shirt dress even though this pattern isn't a TRUE button down, he he! It doesn't even have a back yoke! But nevertheless, I press forward.
I haven't practiced buttonholes yet, so I know I will need Ms. Howard's expertise for those.
Here is what the muslin looks like on me:
It is SOOOOOOOO long!!!!!!!!! LOL! I mean, WOW! I will definitely cut a good 4 or maybe 5 inches off the length. I haven't decided yet where I want it to fall. I will probably keep tweaking it until I find a length I am happy with.
I do think it is a cute shirt dress, though. I am using advice from Nakisha (thanks so much), as well as a tutorial on converting button downs to sleeveless that I found here. I really like a bias bound armhole, just figuring out how much of the upper armhole to cut off.
Here is a pic with 1 1/2" removed:
I hope that is enough for now. I am going to make some bias strips tonight and see what it looks like with them bound. I have been looking at inspirational pics on Pinterest, and I really like the pics that show a little more shoulder.
I definitely don't want to have gaping, so I will be raising the armhole some.
Wish me luck!