Sunday, August 24, 2014

Simplicity/New Look Fall Favorites

Hello everyone!

I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend!

Today I'm going to highlight some of my favorites from the Simplicity/New Look Fall 2014 collection. I really am fond of the options becoming available to us home sewists.  While out shopping with my niece this past summer, she purchased a few sewing patterns.  The cashier, when scanning the patterns, incredulously stated "What! People still sew their own clothes nowadays?"  To that I say, "Why not? Especially when there are so many great options!!"  And then, what you cannot buy, you can create!

Simplicity faves


I love the side insets on this dress!  It is very figure-enhancing.  The different sleeve options are also nice.

Wow!  Talk about a statement piece!  I really like this cape.  View A, B, and C are gorgeous!  When I saw that this was an In K Design, I wasn't surprised.  I seem to like a lot of their work.


I love this pattern because it is a marriage between a stylish top, and a nice legging.  You could end up creating so many different looks just by this one pattern!

And of course I can't forget about Mimi G's new patterns!!!  I love how current they are!  The cardigan for Simplicity 1283 is one of my favorites, as well as the skirt.  I will definitely pick these up with the next sale, for future sewing possibilities.





New Look faves


Can anyone ever get tired of seeing a wrap dress?  Not me. View C & D are nice. 


This dress is nice.  I can see it over leggings, for sure.  While I am not too sure about View A (it looks a little more like a nightgown), I think the other Views would work.  I think this would be great made up in a sweater knit.


Here is another pattern that has a lot of great pieces that work together.  The cardigan is beautiful, and the top is a basic one with simple lines, a nice wardrobe staple.


I am not a fan of ruffles, but I think this pattern is so cute!  


Now this skirt is awesome!!!!!  It has been a while since I've sewn a skirt, because I don't wear them often.  But this one, if I made it, would make me wear skirts more often.


Last, but not least, this one reminds me of S1280, with a few different styling variations.  I love the loose, flowy look.

To see the whole Simplicity collection, click here.
To see the whole New Look Collection, click here.

I am working on a few posts for this upcoming week.  I have tweaked my muslin, and am finally close to cutting my denim.  In my haste, I realized that I did not order enough denim, and had to reorder some last week.  I don't know when that will be in, but I will be starting to sew with what I have.

Stay sew-filled!






5 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

This month I've picked up over 30 patterns. There have been SO many nice patterns in the recent releases!!!

Annie Case Hanks said...

You have good pattern taste. At the last sale, I picked up several of the new patterns.

Kyle said...

I will definitely get the Mimi G ones and probably some of the New Looks too--but I need to purge some patterns first!

Sabrina Dotson said...

I have something similar to the New Look skirt pattern that I am working on today for my first official post. It is a knit pencil skirt and easy to sew. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I do love the Simplicity 1280 so that on my list now. I can't even say how many I have picked up recently but they were on sale so of course I had to make it so!

Terri Berry said...

I ALWAYS forget to check New Look Patterns...I've gotta stop that! Some good highlights in this post!