Sunday, August 24, 2014

Simplicity/New Look Fall Favorites

Hello everyone!

I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend!

Today I'm going to highlight some of my favorites from the Simplicity/New Look Fall 2014 collection. I really am fond of the options becoming available to us home sewists.  While out shopping with my niece this past summer, she purchased a few sewing patterns.  The cashier, when scanning the patterns, incredulously stated "What! People still sew their own clothes nowadays?"  To that I say, "Why not? Especially when there are so many great options!!"  And then, what you cannot buy, you can create!

Simplicity faves


I love the side insets on this dress!  It is very figure-enhancing.  The different sleeve options are also nice.

Wow!  Talk about a statement piece!  I really like this cape.  View A, B, and C are gorgeous!  When I saw that this was an In K Design, I wasn't surprised.  I seem to like a lot of their work.


I love this pattern because it is a marriage between a stylish top, and a nice legging.  You could end up creating so many different looks just by this one pattern!

And of course I can't forget about Mimi G's new patterns!!!  I love how current they are!  The cardigan for Simplicity 1283 is one of my favorites, as well as the skirt.  I will definitely pick these up with the next sale, for future sewing possibilities.





New Look faves


Can anyone ever get tired of seeing a wrap dress?  Not me. View C & D are nice. 


This dress is nice.  I can see it over leggings, for sure.  While I am not too sure about View A (it looks a little more like a nightgown), I think the other Views would work.  I think this would be great made up in a sweater knit.


Here is another pattern that has a lot of great pieces that work together.  The cardigan is beautiful, and the top is a basic one with simple lines, a nice wardrobe staple.


I am not a fan of ruffles, but I think this pattern is so cute!  


Now this skirt is awesome!!!!!  It has been a while since I've sewn a skirt, because I don't wear them often.  But this one, if I made it, would make me wear skirts more often.


Last, but not least, this one reminds me of S1280, with a few different styling variations.  I love the loose, flowy look.

To see the whole Simplicity collection, click here.
To see the whole New Look Collection, click here.

I am working on a few posts for this upcoming week.  I have tweaked my muslin, and am finally close to cutting my denim.  In my haste, I realized that I did not order enough denim, and had to reorder some last week.  I don't know when that will be in, but I will be starting to sew with what I have.

Stay sew-filled!






5 comments:

  1. This month I've picked up over 30 patterns. There have been SO many nice patterns in the recent releases!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have good pattern taste. At the last sale, I picked up several of the new patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely get the Mimi G ones and probably some of the New Looks too--but I need to purge some patterns first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have something similar to the New Look skirt pattern that I am working on today for my first official post. It is a knit pencil skirt and easy to sew. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I do love the Simplicity 1280 so that on my list now. I can't even say how many I have picked up recently but they were on sale so of course I had to make it so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ALWAYS forget to check New Look Patterns...I've gotta stop that! Some good highlights in this post!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!