Monday, July 28, 2014

Fall Wardrobe Planning (cont.)

Hello everyone! I hope you had a great weekend.

I am finished with my Fall 2014 Wardrobe planning!!!

Yep, I finished all my storyboards, and look forward to getting started on August 7th.  My only disappointment is that I will miss a lot of the great patterns that are released for Fall/Winter, because I am determined to sew from my plan.  Unless I get way ahead of myself (and complete a large percentage of my wardrobe), I don't imagine I will have much room to sew other things.

So here are the rest of my boards:



I am not even sure if I own a button down shirt.  Or, if I do (I'm sure I have one somewhere), I know it is OLD.  It has been at least two years since I have done buttonholes on my sewing machine, so this category will be an interesting one to undertake.


I love tunics!  I hope these will be fun to make (and wear).


If you have been following along on my blog, you know that I already started M5894, the bootcut jean.  I have been working out fit issues so I can complete my first pair of jeans, and this will be my first project to finish come August.


I am excited about these three dresses!  I love the design of each and every one of them.  A good dress has so many possibilities!!


I don't plan on sewing a coat this year, however, I do want to sew some blazers.  S2446 will be my main go-to, so I am looking forward to the fact that it is in the Amazing Fit line.  A1738 will be a more casual option.  If this one works out well, I may sew more than one!


Finally, I couldn't possibly get through the year without sewing the ever-so-popular M6844, right? I threw in NL6104 because it is the only blouse I could find that I liked, and Burda 6990 just looks like a solid sweater pattern for Fall/Winter.

That's everything!

I already have a few fabrics in my stash that will work with my theme, yet a lot of it will need to be purchased.

Hopefully, I can catch some great online sales in the upcoming weeks.

Stay sew-filled!

10 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to sew a blazer but I've never gotten around to it. Excited to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. Your fall sewing plan is on fire! I'll be following your progress with much interest. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You've got a lot planned!

    Did you see Mimi G's pix from her conference? It looked amazing! and she will have patterns with Simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress patterns too. You have a lot of sewing planned. I can't wait to see how it all comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, a sewing plan is the only way to get a really good wardrobe built. I'm sort of doing the same, but not is such a well laid out way as you - I love your storyboard layouts and colour stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :Drool:

    That's an amazing plan Vanessa! And I've sewn a few of them so I can't wait to see your take!

    I think you'll want to sew multiple versions of M6844 and NL6104!!! :-)

    Also, this post didn't pop in my feed either. Boooo Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Tunics and I can't wait to see how amazing yours will turn out. I hope you can teach me because I would make them in every color and wear them all fall and winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great planning. I prefer planned sewing. I hoope you leave some time for some spontaneous outfits, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you'll certainly be busy. There's a lot there but you will be one well dressed sewer! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. anxiously awaiting to see what you do with vogue 8952. I tried this and it was an epic fail. cant wait to see what you come up with. love your choices

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!