Monday, July 28, 2014

Fall Wardrobe Planning (cont.)

Hello everyone! I hope you had a great weekend.

I am finished with my Fall 2014 Wardrobe planning!!!

Yep, I finished all my storyboards, and look forward to getting started on August 7th.  My only disappointment is that I will miss a lot of the great patterns that are released for Fall/Winter, because I am determined to sew from my plan.  Unless I get way ahead of myself (and complete a large percentage of my wardrobe), I don't imagine I will have much room to sew other things.

So here are the rest of my boards:



I am not even sure if I own a button down shirt.  Or, if I do (I'm sure I have one somewhere), I know it is OLD.  It has been at least two years since I have done buttonholes on my sewing machine, so this category will be an interesting one to undertake.


I love tunics!  I hope these will be fun to make (and wear).


If you have been following along on my blog, you know that I already started M5894, the bootcut jean.  I have been working out fit issues so I can complete my first pair of jeans, and this will be my first project to finish come August.


I am excited about these three dresses!  I love the design of each and every one of them.  A good dress has so many possibilities!!


I don't plan on sewing a coat this year, however, I do want to sew some blazers.  S2446 will be my main go-to, so I am looking forward to the fact that it is in the Amazing Fit line.  A1738 will be a more casual option.  If this one works out well, I may sew more than one!


Finally, I couldn't possibly get through the year without sewing the ever-so-popular M6844, right? I threw in NL6104 because it is the only blouse I could find that I liked, and Burda 6990 just looks like a solid sweater pattern for Fall/Winter.

That's everything!

I already have a few fabrics in my stash that will work with my theme, yet a lot of it will need to be purchased.

Hopefully, I can catch some great online sales in the upcoming weeks.

Stay sew-filled!

10 comments:

Evolution of a Sewing Goddess said...

I've always wanted to sew a blazer but I've never gotten around to it. Excited to see what you come up with!

L said...

Whoa. Your fall sewing plan is on fire! I'll be following your progress with much interest. Thanks for sharing.

Kyle said...

WOW! You've got a lot planned!

Did you see Mimi G's pix from her conference? It looked amazing! and she will have patterns with Simplicity!

The Sewing CPA said...

I love the dress patterns too. You have a lot of sewing planned. I can't wait to see how it all comes out.

Sarah Liz said...

I agree, a sewing plan is the only way to get a really good wardrobe built. I'm sort of doing the same, but not is such a well laid out way as you - I love your storyboard layouts and colour stories.

Mrs. Smith said...

:Drool:

That's an amazing plan Vanessa! And I've sewn a few of them so I can't wait to see your take!

I think you'll want to sew multiple versions of M6844 and NL6104!!! :-)

Also, this post didn't pop in my feed either. Boooo Blogger!

Keiva Phillips said...

I love Tunics and I can't wait to see how amazing yours will turn out. I hope you can teach me because I would make them in every color and wear them all fall and winter. :)

Annette said...

Great planning. I prefer planned sewing. I hoope you leave some time for some spontaneous outfits, too!

Summer Flies said...

Well you'll certainly be busy. There's a lot there but you will be one well dressed sewer! Good luck.

dorothy scales said...

anxiously awaiting to see what you do with vogue 8952. I tried this and it was an epic fail. cant wait to see what you come up with. love your choices