Friday, February 7, 2014

So many tops, so little time

Hello everyone!!

Since my last post, I have been in a state of confusion as to what to attempt next.

I originally wanted to sew a couple more tops before I begin what I really need (JEANS...it makes me nervous just thinking about it), but there were so many tops that were popping into my mind...

I loved this beautiful top in the US Burda magazine:

Wrap Top #119

But when I went online to download it, and saw that I had 21 pages to print, trace, and add seam allowances to, I thought I would save this for a little later.

Then I thought about a nice cardigan to coordinate with my tops.  I like this one, and a lot of people have had success with the versions they sewed up (I like successes):

Mccalls 6844

But on second thought, I didn't know if I would be wearing it anytime soon with the kind of cold weather we are having here in Georgia.  I will definitely try this for spring, though.

Then, while perusing my sewing references/books that I owned, I came across this book that I purchased years ago for $7 at Barnes and Noble:


I remembered that I had such high hopes with a lot of these patterns, and never attempted any of them.  I got all excited, thinking I could use my serger to finish most of whatever top I chose:



But I just didn't want to do another basic top right now.  I wanted to head in a different direction.

So, I FINALLY MADE A DECISION!!!

Here it is:



Let me just say that this Burda pattern has been in my stash for a LONG time!!  A LONG time! Over 2 years, I am sure of it!  And it is finally time for it to move to the head of the class!  I hope I am not disappointed with my decision!

Don't forget that Simplicity patterns are only 99 cents at Hobby Lobby this week until Saturday Feb. 8th.  I plan on stopping by there today in hopes of picking up these two...
Simplicity 1463


Simplicity 1699





Stay sew-filled!


4 comments:

  1. I love the Burda pattern. It would go nice with jeans (yea, I got scared at the thought of making them too!). Thanks for the Hobby Lobby tip...more patterns makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan! That top pattern is really versatile! Can't wait to see what you sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tops are fun to make. I hope that you are able to grab that Simplicity 1463 pattern while it's on sale. What version to you plan on making first? I really like that striped batwing top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, RatRace, me too!! I was able to pick up that pattern, and the bat wings appealed to me as well! I am thinking of trying View C with the lace sleeves as well. I'm going to have a long spring/summer sewing list, I can tell already!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!