Friday, July 1, 2011

July Burda issue

Guess what came in the mail, on my birthday?  The new July Burda issue!  I wasn't sure whether or not to be excited or disappointed, but I was already having such a great day at that point that it didn't matter.


It turns out that there are a lot of nice styles in this issue.  I can't say that they are all my style, but I know I will probably never like everything in one issue, so I am pleased.

Here are a few that stuck out to me:

Top 114




I really like Top 114!  The wrap across the front is so pretty, and the length is lovely!  I think it would be long enough to wear with a pair of leggings, jeggings, or skinny jeans, and would be a cute comfy casual outfit.  My only change would be to have a contrasting color shell for the top instead of this monochromatic look.


This is Dress 122 A.  I like it for a lot of the same reasons as Top 113 (simple style, conducive to leggings with a length adjustment).  The cut to the navel is an interesting feature as well.  


Dress 123 is a romantic one.  It is a mixture of satin and lace, and it is very pretty and feminine.  In fact, this dress reminds me of my friend.  She really likes to wear romance-style dresses, and looks quite good in them.  For me, it is usually hit or miss.  But I do love trying dresses on!

 

This particular top looks so chic to me!  As you can see, I am a fan of easy dressing, and the black makes this top look so sophisticated with the pants.  I'm not sure if you could pull off the same look in another color.  This is from Burda's Simply Black collection in the magazine, and (you guessed it) all of the garments are done in black!

Here is another standout from that collection:

I looked and this and said "WOW!"  It is a linen dress with inserted side sections done in satin.  I love the play on textures with this LBD. It is Dress 110, by the way.



Speaking of LBDs, here is another really great one! It is a sheath dress with a low neckline and cap sleeve.  Adorable!  You can also sew a capelet to go with it, but I love the dress without it!

So there you have it!  There are a few I left out so this post wouldn't be too long, but it was mostly some cute beachwear items.  You can view those if you want to here (105 and 106 are my favorites).  There was also some adorable clothing for little girls that are so delightful!  I'm not sure where the ages for sizing starts on these, but I will be saving this when my little princess gets older.  Check out the little girls' outfits here (141,143, 146, and 148 are all my faves).

I still have one more Burda magazine coming before my three month subscription runs out.  Sadly I will have to be deciding whether or not to renew here shortly.  I am leaning toward not renewing, and just ordering the single issues that strike my fancy.  That way I can know what to expect.  We'll see...

Have a great weekend everyone, and thank you to everyone who left such nice comments about my giveaway that never was : ).  You are all still awesome, and I'll try another giveaway sometime soon!

Stay sew-filled!!   



3 comments:

  1. I agree, there are quite a few in this issue that stand out. The last two dresses that you selected, as well as the majority of the plus section. I'm a 44, so I get the best of both sometimes. ^_^

    If you have an easy access to getting only one issue, I recommend you do that. I didn't want to buy a subscription, because honestly, in the past 2 years, I have about 6 issues total that I like. It saves money and trees (at least I hope it does).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a year subscription back in 09 but let it go after that. Occasionally I will get a single issue but a lot of times the pattern does not seem worth the hassle of tracing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not my favorite issue, but there were a few pieces that looked interesting. I think the top you listed first was the one that I'm most excited to make up. What can I say, I love a good ballet-inspired garment. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!