Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Great Module Sewing

Hello everyone!

What a difference there has been in the world since my last post!  All around the country the Corona virus is hitting hard, and people are doing everything they can to deal with what seems so surreal.  Here in Georgia I have been home with my kids as my older two participate in online learning.  It has been a learning curve for sure, but something we will have to get used to since it may be weeks before anything changes.  For now we are taking things day by day and doing what we can to remain hopeful.  Being able to sew has come in extremely handy, and has brought a sense of comfort for me too.

That said, I am here today to talk about my plans for the Great Module Sew Along challenge.  The deadline for posting your completed module is March 24th, and I am racing to finish, as always!  If you know me, then you know I seem to like the last minute pressure of getting things completed.  I plan and plan, but still experience the squeeze in the end.  


Here are the plans I came up with:


Now please don't panic, I fully admit that I have been sewing since February, and have all my pieces completed except two.  I have finished my Renfrew, S8393, S2339, and 1 pair of Ginger jeans.  I am currently working on my second pair of Gingers in a dark wash denim, though I may have cut them a little too short while up late last night.  It will be a make it work moment for sure.

I love M7973, and made it last summer as a muslin.  While it was easy to construct, I wasn't a fan of the way the lower twist hung.  There have been some great versions of this top, including a recent one I saw made by Nakisha from  Dressmaking Debacles, who recommended tacking the twist.  I plan on revisiting this top and hopefully making it work.  But if I can't, I will probably switch the pattern out for a short-sleeved Renfrew so I can finish it all.

I look forward to checking back in once everything is complete. If you get a chance to participate in the challenge too, best wishes on creating (or having created) a wardrobe module that you love!

Stay sew filled!

10 comments:

  1. Great post. I am looking forward to seeing your finished pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good variety of different items of clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far a lot of the pieces work well together.

      Delete
  3. A lovely mix of pieces, should be a fantastic wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love for that to be true!

      Delete
  4. Very nice plan for your module!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your moduke is getting a lot of wear!

      Delete
  5. I love your plan! I think your cropped Gingers will be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ha! They did come out a little short, but I think you are right! I just finished them yesterday, and am putting the final touches on today.

      Delete

Let me know what you think!