Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Pattern Pickups from Joanns

Hello everyone!

By the time you are reading this, it will be April!    I have been squeaking in some last minute sewing for the Sew Your View Mccalls 7960 skirt (I'm late I know) and want to get that done before I move into housekeeping items. After that, I plan on posting a recap with all of my finished projects soon.

For today, I wanted to show you some patterns I picked up at Joann's last pattern sale!!  They had Simplicity for 1.99 and Burda for 2.49, though I think there is also a current sale on Butterick if you are interested.

I usually pay attention to sales on Burda patterns because they do not make it into the circular too often.  I have a love-hate relationship with the pattern instructions, but I am always drawn to their styles so that seems to override my hesitations, lol! 

For the first Burda pattern I had to go to two different stores to find it!  I am not sure if that means it will be popular, or that the first store just didn't have much stock for Burda.  Nevertheless, when I saw this pattern mentioned on the Curvy Sewing Collection a few months ago, I knew this would be a purchase for me:


I love both variations of this top! !  I am always trying to find an interesting play on a basic top, and I would definitely make a ton of these to beef up my spring/summer wardrobe!  Also, I love the cross ties at the neckline of the top on the right.  

My second Burda pattern is the result of a conversation with my husband on the way to Joanns.  I was talking to him about a cargo style pants that I wanted to sew, and asked him what he thought about this pattern:


Yep! He loved it!!  His favorite is version B, which are pants that convert to shorts by the addition of a zipper.  He said it just looked neat, and had a lot of great details.  So, sometime this summer I would love to make us coordinating pants.  The funny thing is, while I need a full butt adjustment...my husband needs a flat butt adjustment, lol!!  I am eager to see how well I could get a pair of pants to fit for him.  

When it comes to Simplicity patterns, I usually end up with a LONG list of faves.  I am learning to cull my choices to ones I will really use, and work with what I have.  So, my first choice was a NECESSARY ONE:


Yes Mimi G!  This jacket is everything to me!  I think I have mentioned it on the blog before, but I cannot wait to sew this one this year!

My next choice just looks like a lot of fun:


The neckline is so pretty, and I love the detailing of the different views.  The sleeveless version is probably my favorite, but I also like the view pictured on the model.  

Lastly, there is one that got away...

I only "wish" I would have gotten this one, so I will have to wait for the next pattern sale, or other versions to pop up online:


These pants had me at the pockets!! I think I ended up leaving it because it reminded me of an out-of-print Simplicity pattern in my stash that was not a pull-on version.  I was trying to be good and make up the other pattern first, but I may end up buying this one too.

Well, there goes my latest pattern haul!  If you got a chance to catch the sale, I would love to know which patterns you chose, or even ones on your radar.  

Stay sew-filled!

2 comments:

  1. I got one Burda (6330) and one New Look (6606). I was on the fence with that last Simplicity too!! I ended up getting the MimiG pattern with the full pants and cropped top (Idk the number and am too lazy to look!). I really waffled on the one you got. Will have to see if I jump at it when I'm sewing again. That jacket will be a fun sew for sure, can't wait to see yours!

    I can definitely see you in that Simplicity top - super cute.

    And YAY for sewing pants for your husband!! And those have such fun details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know exactly which Mimi G pattern you are talking about!! I love the cropped top on that one! If I didn't have the Kalle pattern already I would have gotten that one too.

      Burda 6330 is such a cute top, and a good scrap buster too! NL 6606 are lovely pants. I like the tie, of course, lol! I can see both of those on you!


      Delete

Let me know what you think!