Friday, March 8, 2019

February Recap and March Plans

Hello everyone!

It was so nice to read all your lovely comments on my last post about Mccalls 7912!  I appreciate all of the well wishes, and thank you for them.  I would also like to welcome some of the newer readers to my blog!  I hope I can provide insight to help you in your sewing journey!

Today is a recap of February!!!  I set out to sew two patterns, and that is exactly what I did! 


I didn't even realize the similarity of the pockets in both styles, but I guess I had a small theme going here.  On the left is Simplicity 8790 , and on the right is Mccalls 7912.  The Simplicity tunic dress has been worn twice already, and I have plans to wear my "coat vest" this weekend.  I highly recommend both patterns!

For the month of March, I was super excited to see the Sew Your View sewalong choice:
Isn't it just beautiful?  I first saw this pattern as a part of a Youtube sewalong by Brittany Jones.  She made a black skirt in View C (I believe).  Her version came out so nice, and it immediately put this pattern on my radar. It looks like everything is aligning, and now I will be sewing the same skirt too.  

I love the length of View B, but I love the wide belt carriers for View D, along with the self tie belt.  I already purchased the pattern, but I sadly don't have enough yardage in my stash, so I will need to begin a hunt for a sateen, chino, cotton blend, or twill.  I would love to find a sateen!

Here are some inspiration pics of what I am thinking:


Left-H&M skirt   Center-Chic Wish Midi  Right-With Chic

In terms of my own wardrobe, I would love to sew a neutral piece, but part of me also wants to jump out there and make this skirt a statement.  Ok, I guess I mean part of me wants to just copy the pattern envelope, lol!  I will have to look at what I plan to wear with it, and go from there, so stay tuned!

The pattern I have chosen to sew for this month is Simplicity 8750.  Since the weather here in Georgia has been cycling back and forth from warm to cold, I thought a nice solid staple of View A's turtleneck would fill my need for a good basic.  I first saw this pattern made up on Tom Kat Stitchery's YT channel, and her striped version is so cute!  I may also make another top in View B.


Again, this wouldn't be a month of plans if I didn't include a few BONUS items.  I ran out of time last month to even start the pattern I chose for Black History Month, but I still want to sew it.  Thankfully, I have a lightweight ribbed knit waiting to be used, and all of my buttons have been purchased too.


My second BONUS pattern is an easy one that would help pad my wardrobe, and transition me into Spring--whenever the season decides to come around.  It is Mccalls 7313, a pretty dress with lots of silhouette options.  I have an olive brushed knit, and a blush/earth toned knit in my stash that would work well for this.  If I don't get around to it, I am pretty sure I will move this to next month's pattern choice.

Speaking of the up and down weather here, this past weekend was lovely weather with temps in the 60s, so I pulled out the Kalle Shirt I made last year. While at Target doing some Spring clothes shopping for our kids, I snapped a photo:


I am definitely still lovin' the Kalle!  It was nice to browse the stores, and I did see a few pieces that caught my eye.  One in particular was this sheath dress with a pleated detail on the front:


I didn't try it on, but I did look to see if I could find a similar pattern for it.  Unfortunetaly I didn't come up with anything, but if any of you know of a great pattern to make this dress happen, please let me know.  I particularly like the angles of the neckline!

I will be back next week to share S8750 with all of you!  

Stay sew filled!







2 comments:

Let me know what you think!