Today I am sharing some of my progress for this month.
Since my last post, I have been working on my Moto jacket mostly. I am pleased with the way it is coming along, with only ONE frustration:
This back vent feature is giving me FITS! Whenever I put the jacket on, the vent pulls out of place. From what I have researched, I may have a prominent shoulder blade and need to add fabric ease to solve this issue. I do know that I have broad shoulders, and perhaps that could be what is lending to this issue as well.
I think I am going to enlist my husband to get some accurate measurements of my back area, and compare them to the pattern. Also, I am going to double check that my pieces were cut correctly, as I have been known to (cough) have an issue with that in the past. I don't think I did that here, but I am backtracking to make sure I have things done correctly.
I did baste the lining and jacket together, flipped it right side out, and this is what is looks like:
I really like the "bones" of this garment, and plan to put in some work this weekend for the l finishing stages. I am so close...
There is even a fun lining:
Other than this jacket, I did get a chance to pick up the Mccalls 7873 pattern for this month's Sew Your View sewalong. I am definitely sticking with the theme of texture for this top, and have already pulled some lace, quilted knit, and velvet from my stash. Nothing has been speaking to me yet, but I am sure I will find a clear vision once I play with these fabrics some more.
Stay sew filled!