Monday, December 17, 2018

Sewing planners

Hello everyone!

It's that time of year when things draw to a close, and I begin prepping for the New Year.  Actually, I tend to organize/clean/update my sewing room every month, but for the month of December, I always include plans for the upcoming year.  So today I am going to be sharing my updated sewing planner with you, and also some wonderful links if you are interested in creating your own planner too!

So, let's get started!

Let me first say that I LOVE TO PLAN!  That doesn't seem to translate to everything, but it does apply with goal setting/creating vision/dreaming.  I understand that not everyone is wired this way.  For instance, when I get around some of my friends and ask them about their plans for the next year and what they would like to accomplish, I am often met with blank stares, lol. But I am a firm believer that goals matter.  Let's face it, life is always going to be busy.  Yet I refuse to let the busyness of my life determine my direction.  Instead, my goals set my aim, and they are the indicators I use to keep me on track.  Most years I accomplish what I set out to do.  Other years I do not; however, EVERY year there is a measure of success that I know came from the extra effort to plan.

Here is a look at my sewing planner (DIY'd from FREE printables online):


 I started with a 3 ring binder that has the option of a sheet protector.  Whatever size you think is appropriate for you will work.  I think this one is 3".


While this is a planner for sewing, I am including a page for my overall life.  I think it will be a great reminder every time I open my binder.


Here is where I would like to grow.  I usually check in with myself around mid year, but I would like to try a more frequent method.  What can I say?  I am easily distracted, and this year made me realize that, lol!


This is a monthly page for spiritual growth, but I plan on using it for the year.  My faith is a big part of who I am, so I look forward to writing down things throughout the year, ESPECIALLY the things in my life I am grateful for.


I just think that calendar is SO cute!  I had a sewing-oriented one last year that I used a lot, and I will link below.  I would have used it again, but the updated 2019 version just came out, and I had already printed out this one (excited to start, lol).  But, I will use the bottom section for planning out projects, and I like that I can write in the boxes too.



So, after each month I have put in a project planning sheet for two projects.  I will speak more about that later in my wrap-up of 2018, but this one is from Seamwork's planner and I LOVE it.

And this completes my custom sewing planner for 2019!!  The best part is, I didn't have to spend any money for it!  All the materials are items I had in my home already, and a lot of it was updating my binder from last year.  Here are some links to help you create your very own sewing resource for next year:

Specifically for sewing (non-affiliated, just what I have found helpful)

General calendars/planning sheets
**I will add to this list if when I see any additional resources.  Happy planning!!

Stay sew-filled!

11 comments:

  1. Very nice! Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of you to share Vanessa! I remember you showing your planner earlier this year and I think it is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sharing useful info--especially about planning, lol!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this. Since I retired, I don't have detailed plans for the month or the week as I did when I work. Not all plans come to fruition but having a process is helpful. I kinda miss the planning thing. I think I will give this a try and appreciate your sharing the sources. I have so many things I want to sew and perhaps putting it on paper will help keep me focused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love planning too! Maybe more than the sewing itself! Thanks for sharing your tools with us. Have a great holiday and New Year, Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I think we would get along great, lol!

      Delete
  5. It's no surprise to anyone who reads my blog that I love to plan! LOL!!!

    I love what you've done here! Similarly, I have BIG plans for planning (har, har) 2019! I am having a Vision Board party with family and friends and just ordered a customized planner from Plum Paper (nayy) that I am SO, SO excited about!

    Here's hoping you have a fabulous new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You DO love to plan, and your plans sound fabulous!! Can't wait to see what you have going on, lol!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the high quality and results-oriented content. Visit here to read about : customized planners

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!