Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May plans (he, he) and another finished cold shoulder top

Hello everyone!

Thank you for all your kind comments on my two cold shoulder tops from my last post.  Since then I have been hard at work on my third version of Simplicity 8337.  It truly is a great pattern!  I can go on and on about it, but you probably want to see my finished top already, so here it is:



This fabric is another ITY knit, but this time with a mini-chevron motif.  I like it because it reads more "casual" than my other two versions, and I have a feeling I will be reaching for this one quite often.

Because this is my third time sewing this pattern, I used every opportunity of my son's naps in order to put this one together.  By now I can pretty much sew this top from memory, while only double-checking the correct seam allowances.  That was a nice feeling!




Also to note: Don't forget to trim your seam allowances off, depending on the view you choose to sew.  That makes a difference in how the neckline sits if you forget this step.

Overall, this is another love!   I have a feeling I will be rearranging my closet REALLY SOON so that I can accomodate all of my new makes.

MAY PLANS
I know this is near the end of May, but I never announced my plans for the month! How did that happen?  Well, I am not really sure, but you could probably take a guess at my theme for the month, according to all the tops I have been sewing.  It is simply to "put that on REPEAT."



In essence, I am taking ONE pattern, Simplicity 8337, and sewing it over and over.  So, I have already sewn View B, and I do hope to get to View A as well, because flounces are so cute and feminine, and on trend (lol).  To be honest, I really don't follow trends a lot, but I do like to dibble and dabble in them from time to time.

Also, you can find me on Instagram!!  I am pretty low key on there, but I will be posting updates on my progress with the flounce top on there.  So, feel free to follow me, and I would love to follow you all in your sewing journeys too!



Stay sew-filled!



7 comments:

  1. Another cute little top. It looks great on you. I have been urged by some friends to join Instagram...I am thinking about it. What made you decide to join?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question, Tomasa! I really like the "instant inspiration" of IG-you can see what projects others are working on at a moments notice, and give insight on your projects as well. But there are also neat sewing contests and tags going on from time to time, and I want to participate in those too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another winning top! Really cute and I can't wait to see the flounce version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! You are on a roll. I like the flounce one... can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm so jealous. You are totally on a roll. I love the fabric and how the top turned out. I can't wait to see your version of view A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so like all three of your tops. I just recently purchased this pattern and plan to give it a try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making great use of this pattern. I thinking about making it now.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!