Thursday, December 26, 2013

Gearing up for the New Year

Hello everyone!  I hope you had a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

A couple of weeks ago, I went away on vacation with my family for a few days, visiting the magical land of Disney World!!



This was our first Disney vacation where we planned, saved, and went.  All the other times we have gone to Orlando have been for my husband's annual business meetings; but this year we had the pleasure of going for pure FUN!  And it was fun!!  We invited my mother and mother-in-law along, and created some memories that will not soon be forgotten.





So now I am back...and remembering that I told myself I would go on the RTW fast (details here) beginning next year, and I don't have that much time left!

The first thing I did was order a bunch of fabric:



It is a starting point, and something difficult for me to do because I like to buy the specific fabric I like for the specific pattern I am working on (no more, no less).  But there was a great sale going on at Denver Fabrics, so I decided I'd take a chance.  I am very pleased with what they have sent me. The three fabrics to the left are for my daughter, but the rest is for me!  The two on the far right are linings.

The second thing I did was to go shopping!!!!!!  I needed to pick up some tops and cardigans to fill in a few gaps in my wardrobe so I won't be pressured into sewing something I would rather not start off with (like jeans).

Now my next order of business is to finish my muslin for my Craftsy Sew the Perfect Fit class.  I have been trudging along with it, and enjoying the process, but taking my time nonetheless.  I hope to have something to show you soon.

Stay sew-filled!


4 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun family vacay! YAY for it not being tied to work in any way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great vacation and good looking family too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, I am SO excited to see what you sew up in the coming year! You got some great fabrics to get you started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog.. Thank you for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!