Friday, December 6, 2013

I'm in!

Hello all!

I have done something that I will either LOVE or HATE come 2014!!

Let me explain...

You see, I have been following the website/blog Goodbye Valentino for the last couple weeks.  The author of the blog, Sarah, is a woman who decided to go a whole year without buying RTW clothing (Ready To Wear, a.k.a. store-bought).  Instead of buying her clothes, she sewed them!!  That's right!

For the first year of her challenge she made 64 garments, saved money (she used to buy Valentino), and increased her sewing skills. Now she is part of the Mood Fabric sewing network, and continues to fast from RTW.  Next year will be her 4th year of fasting from RTW.

So...

Sarah just recently posted her challenge for next year for those that are interested.  Here are the details:


RTW Fast
Jan 1st-December 31st, 2014
NO store-bought clothes.
Shoes, Socks, and Underwear permitted.



I read her post, and thought, "Hmm, that would be really neat, but I'm not sure it's possible for me to even do."

As I continued to ponder the invitation to join, I started to talk myself into it:

"Well, I do have a whole month to prepare...and I did just buy two more classes on Craftsy to help further develop my sewing skills...and I am a good planner, so I could find a way to sew pieces that would coordinate with my wardrobe...and if I wanted to buy something, I would just sew it instead!"

"Wait, is this really possible? For me?"

My answer is YES!!!  I nervously RSVP'd to the RTW fast, and I am super glad I did!

So I just had to share my joy with all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this invite sounds intriguing to you, check out the link to Sarah's blog HERE.  There are a lot to sewists that are joining the fast, so it will be neat to see how everyone progresses throughout the year.  Besides, it is also great support if, like me, you are not sure how this whole thing is gonna turn out.

Stay sew-filled!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I had the courage to do this! The idea of a RTW fast intrigues me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is something to think about! You might warm up to the idea the more you think about it, just a warning!!

      Delete
  2. I'm seriously considering joining in on this! It will definitely be motivating to sew what I need. I didn't buy many clothes this year anyway, so it might not be that hard to go from few to none. Right?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!