Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New Butterick favorites?

Wow...it's been a while since I sat down to put my thoughts on screen.  How is everyone?  Me, I am getting along.  I just got back from visiting family last week, and I have been too bothered with other things to bother with my own blog.  It's sad, but true.  I usually give my blog priority, but other things have been creeping their way in.

Like Dancing with the Stars for instance.  And then my Tuesday meetings with a friend of mine for socializing and prayer.  Oh, and my Wednesday night couponing class (which will be ending soon).  This Thursday is also my son's spring program/art show, and Friday is bible study night.  Somewhere in all of this, I used to find time during my kids' naps to sew, but lately it has been housework, and more housework.

Are you feeling sorry for me yet??

Ok, I just wanted you all to know that I still treasure my blog, and my blog followers!!  And I am still dedicated to finishing my Tim Gunn sew along.  Maybe you can leave pieces of advice for me to get some inspiration flowing, and motivate me to get back to sewing.

In the meantime, the new Butterick summer patterns are out!  You can check them out here.  I'm just going to pick a few favorites, as I didn't really have that many this time around.

B5638
I really like this dress!  It is a basic sheath dress with princess seaming and an interesting neckline.  The pattern comes with a fabric tie belt, but I like the way the model used her own belt.  Also, Butterick is starting to introduce adjustable cup sizes to ensure a better fit.  Yay!

B5637

Ok, my favorites for this style is the dress located toward the upper right hand corner that is knee length, and the gray tunic top on the bottom right hand corner.  I like the shape of the bodice, and think it is a neat design element repeated in the dress and top.  The pink dress is cute too, however I must mention that I saw a dress just like it--in the toddler section as I was browsing dresses for my daughter!  Do I feel a mother-daughter dress combination coming on??  One day...Oh, and this is another adjustable cup size pattern!

B5644
And this little number is so cute!!  I love the little detail on one shoulder!

B5629

Of course you can't go wrong with infant apparel, right?  It has been so long since I made anything for my kids so I thought this was cute.

B5630

Here is another pattern for children that I found adorable.  I love the dress on the left!  The mix of prints blends well, and is a cute summer dress.

Well, that is all I found interesting with Butterick's new patterns, you may discover some other ones you like.

As far as my sewing plans go, I am still working on New Look 6034.  Maybe it's the thought of the whole outfit that makes me feel overwhelmed, or all the interfacing of the collar, but I am going to try sewing in manageable time slots for the rest of this week.

Also, coming later down the pipe, my bestie is having her first baby (a boy) in July and I am hosting her baby shower in June!  So...I really want to sew something special for her little man, but have not picked anything yet.  In order to have it done by June 4th I need to get on the ball!!  So look forward to seeing what I come up with.  I may be putting New Look 6034 aside if need be, but I'll let you know.

If you have any other advice to help me get back in sewing stride, please share!

Stay sew-filled!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Vanessa! Good to "see" you again! :D For the Butterick patterns, I really like B5638, too. I've decided recently that I need a sheath dress. This might be the one.

    Are you going to use a pattern from Ottobre for the new baby boy? Can't wait to see what you whip up...I've never gotten to sew for a baby boy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!