Now, as a recipient of this award, there are two things I must do:
1. Tell 10 things about myself
2. Send the award to 5 other blogs I read.
So, here are 10 things about me (in no particular order)
1. My favorite movie is The Sound of Music. I could sit and watch it all day!
2. I was born in Nurnberg, Germany, and my mother is German. Oh yeah, and I speak some German as well, though don't think I will be blogging in German!
3. I have been steadily sewing since February, and never intended to sew garments, but have found myself attracted to this type of sewing more than any other.
4. I was inspired to sew by the Proverbs 31 woman in the bible. In fact, I am inspired by the Proverbs 31 woman period. It is admirable the way she takes care of her family, and how much she loves God.
5. I have two beautiful children, one boy, one girl. After my last pregnancy I lost 40 pounds! Yes, 40 pounds, and it was not easy.
6. My husband of 5 years proposed to me after 4 months of dating! Now, I would never advocate this way to anyone, but it is the crazy way we ended up together, and are still going strong.
7. I have always loved to bake. I usually bake something homemade two-three times a week!
8. I left the field of nursing after 5 years of dedication in order to stay at home with my children, and I love it! I will never get this time back with them, but I can always return to nursing, so it works out.
9. I do not have a Twitter account. No, I have not succombed to the popularity of Twitter, but I do have a Facebook account.
10. Last, but not least, I love blogging, and I love the people that take time out of their day to read about my sewing journey. It is "beautiful" that my passion to create through sewing can be communicated to others, and appreciated as well! You are all amazing!
I would like to give a special thanks to Candace for this award, and I will "pay it forward" to the following blogs that I love to read:
1. Shannon at Mushywear, who lives in beautiful Hawaii, and always sews amazing things.
2. Toocutedobs at Summerset sewing, who is not only a beautiful blogger, but a beautiful blogger-buddy.
3. Kyle at Vacuuming the lawn, whose blog I find myself on quite frequently.
4. Vanessa at Crafty Gemini, who creates amazing projects and super tutorials. (I know, same name!)
5. Eugenia at Eugenia's (fabulous) World of Fashion, who has an amazing blog, and the sweetest disposition!
There are a couple more I wanted to add, but I will abide by the rules. Really, there are some really great blogs out there! I hope you will visit some of the blogs I listed above if you haven't heard of them already. You will be pleasantly surprised!
Stay tuned for pajamas I am sewing for me son, and...