Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What's goin' on

Hey everyone!

I have been doing some shopping again, and as always, I have multiple sewing projects lined up, but not necessarily the time to sew them!  No matter, I know I will begin to catch up soon enough!

I think I mentioned in my last post that my niece is staying with us this summer, so I have the pleasure of teaching her to sew on her Brother sewing machine.  She is 8 years old and has dreams of one day having her own clothing line that she models on the runway.  I know, big ambitions for an 8 year old, but I believe she can do it if she sticks with it!

So we both went to Joanns (she had never been before, and was amazed), and I let her pick out a Mccall's pattern (okay, they were on sale).  This is what she picked:


This is Mccall's 6019 girls' dress, top, and leggings.  She wants to make the dress and leggings that the girl pictured is wearing.  She picked out a beautiful cotton turquoise knit for her fabric, and some cute white lace.  Of course she wants to wear the headband too!




As for me, I will be working on this number:

This is Mccall's 5893, an empire waist dress that says it takes one hour.  There are four different lengths, and I like the one a little below the knee.  I purchased a leopard print cotton knit for this pattern, and I am excited and nervous to sew for myself for the first time!!





BTW, my serger did come, and I still have not used it.  But...I LOVE IT!!  I don't know how you can love something that you have not used yet, but there are so many neat features (I've watched the included computer disks and read the manual) that I cannot wait to use.  As a matter of fact, I am sitting down to figure out out to thread it tonight!!

I hope you are all enjoying your summer as much as I am!

Stay sew-filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!