Thursday, March 23, 2017

Back to my Kelly Anorak

Hello everyone!

Has the weather been crazy where you live?  Because it has definitely been "interesting" here in Georgia.  By interesting I mean that one week it is in the 30s, then the next week it is in the low 70s. What?!?  This up and down weather has made me a little disheartened about finishing my Kelly Anorak because I am not even sure when I will be able to wear it.  So, it was good for me to take a small break from this project and sew my last cardigan.

Nevertheless, it is time to get back to business!


I worked up the courage, and cut out all the pattern pieces for the jacket.  There were a lot of pieces, maybe 20 if I had to guess.  I didn't keep track, I just kept cutting.  I figured a size 8 would be more than roomy enough according to the finished measurements.


I was also able to cut out my muslin pieces!  It is becoming real ya'll!  I am going to make a jacket!  
I will begin sewing my muslin up as soon as I get backfrom  a trip out of town.  I was debating how far to go with the muslin, and I believe I will use this it as a way to get some practice in for the final garment.  Yes, I will definitely tweak the fit of this jacket,but there are so many new techniques for me that I think a dry run would be helpful.  

The feature I am most excited about is the gusset pockets! They are 3D-shaped pockets that are super roomy for holding items.  I haven't decided if I will be adding the drawstring feature on the muslin, but I might. 

It is quite obvious that this project is a bigger, ongoing one, so I am not going to be rushing through it. For March my goal is to finish the muslin.

I will check in with you once I get a little further along!

Stay sew-filled!


4 comments:

  1. I have this pattern. I have read many positive reviews of it so I am sure you will have a good experience as well and it will be fabulous! I look forward to seeing your version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has definitely been crazy. Same issues here in Texas. This jacket has beautiful features. I can't wait to see your version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Can't wait to see it. It looks like such a great wardrobe staple.

    And yes, the weather has been ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!